[Coco] Is Mocha DEAD?

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Wed Jan 7 12:25:39 EST 2015

This is not because mocha is unsafe, it is because Java has been made
safer, and blocks apps not designed for high security.  It is no more
unsafe than flash, or the idiot behind the wheel.  :-)

After accepting the risks, the latest Java spits out:

Application Blocked by Java Security

For security, applications must now meet the requirements or the High or
Very High security settings, or be part of the Exception Site List to be
allowed to run.

Name: CoCoApplet
Location http://www.haplessgenius.com
Reason:Your security settings have blocked an untrusted application from
running.

I then entered the Java control panel and added the link to the
exception list, and still a no go.
I also tried the signed version, and it fails stating self-signed apps
are blocked.

Author needs to up his security in the program to make it copacetic.

On 1/7/2015 8:22 AM, Louis Ciotti wrote:
> seem like it is OK.
>
> https://app.webinspector.com/public/reports/28528998
>

> My Work PC has it blocked via the firewall with a reason stated as
>
> Reason:
>
> This Websense category is filtered: Proxy Avoidance. Sites in this category
> may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and
> are blocked by your organization.

> http://www.haplessgenius.com/mocha/
>

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Sean <badfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What is doing the scanning on your work PC?  Like a corporate firewall/web
>> gateway? Norton Safeweb seems to think it's fine.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It's blocked with a huge warning from my work PC as a dangerous site.

>>> through
>> engage
>> It

>> website,

>> appears

>> "mocha"

Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.
Proper Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance!"