[Coco] Poor drive... (ebay auction)

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:28:37 EST 2015

On Wed Jan 7 2015, Bill Pierce wrote:

> I have a couple that look worse than that one. They were emersed in river
> water for 3 weeks when it flooded after hurricane Floyd. I have a Coco 3
> that looks that way too.

I had not seen such even back in the days (late 80s) when my Industrial
Engineering school had CoCos for the labs, hundreds of dirty students hands
and rude computer use manners were not enough to leave such a mark in those
workhorses. Worst they ever had were broken keyboard membranes... the
spacebar and enter pads were completely worn off to hole through - I took
it to repair them and make them functional just in time to see them swept
away by IBM compatibles :-(

About the close to the condition of the Ebay drive was a Pet 2032 I rescued
from a soaked in warehouse, cleaned it up, made it run... had to let go as
I lacked the space to keep it (parents house). Regret that to this day. Oh
well.

-- RP