[Coco] Expanding 4K Coco Mem

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 2 10:10:24 EST 2015

> On Jan 2, 2015, at 2:35 AM, Nick Marentes <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> So what's the best CLEAR xxxx,yyyy statement to use with the XROAR emulator to make  it act like a 4K Color Basic computer?
>
> I have Color Basic 1.0 running but it's set to 16K (?) and I'm having trouble setting it to run with less (so many menu's don't work!). The CLEAR command sounds like an easy way to mimmick the same thing.
>
> I'm going to have a bash but 4K Color Basic seems a bit to "VIC 20 like" for my liking.

Just make a text file called "xroar.conf" (with contents from the wiki entry) and put it in the directory with your .exe and it will give you the 4K option.

Or, (from xroar.pdf docs) open a CMD.EXE window and CD in to where the .exe/ROMs are, and type

	xroar -ram 4 -bas bas10 -noextbas -nodos

Or, avoid command-line entirely, and from Windows, right-click on the xroar.exe and select "Create shortcut." That makes "xroar.exe - Shortcut" which you can rename to whatever you want and relocate it. Right-click on the shortcut and choose "Properties". You will see "Target:" has the path to the .exe, and you can click there, go to the end of the line and add the options given above.

Now you can have a shortcut called "XRoar 4K" or whatever and just double click and you don't need the menus.

I will update CoCopedia.

		-- A