[Coco] Tandy Electronics??!!

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 19:03:12 EST 2015

On Jan 1, 2015 6:53 PM, "Nick Marentes" <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Anyone got a reasonably accurate breakdown of OS's in global use, in
percentage terms.

> Last I heard, Windows (combined versions) was running past the 80% mark
which doesn't leave much room for everything else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

That matches anything else I recall more or less, and puts Windows closer
to 90% than 80.

In the coconut community Linux is vastly more popular than the global
numbers.  We had 25% or so Linux responses to the dw survey I did as I
recall.  The last time I bothered to do visitor stats on the coco websites
I host the Linux factor was similarly strong.