[Coco] Tandy Electronics??!!

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 17:45:11 EST 2015

Some one already owned the "Radio Shack" trading name in the UK when Tandy opened up their stores, so they traded as Tandy. Other than the name change, and some localization of product, the stores were virtually identical to their US counterparts. The stores all closed when Tandy Corp. decided they couldn't make a profit in the UK. I don't think the UK is a big deal for most US corporations. In general, for most goods the UK market is only about the size of a small to medium sized US state, so its loss isn't often a big deal.

Dave
G4UGM