[Coco] Wordpak2+ dual displays

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Feb 27 16:48:13 EST 2015

On Friday 27 February 2015 15:55:00 Joe Grubbs wrote:
> My understanding is that the WordPak2+ and its drivers are meant to replace
> the functionality of the MC6847 and video display functions of the GIME,
> however has anyone written a driver that would allow it to function as a
> secondary display, accessing a different chunk of RAM and all? I use dual
> displays on my PC and home and at work, and thought it would be novel to
> have such a setup with a CoCo.

I ran it that way, with 2 monitors fully functional, until Boisy excised the
drivers from the co80 module, and was never able to make it work again.

I think it could be done, if I could format a floppy so I could experiment w/o
trashing my hard drive boot.  But I cannot.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)