[Coco] CoCo Disk Drives

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Fri Feb 27 15:00:01 EST 2015

Rick,

Texas Peripherals was a cooperative venture between Tandy and Tandon to
manufacture disk drives. These drives are cost reduced versions of the
Tandon TM-100-1 floppy drive.

The 8 pads connected by traces are your drive selects. If you notice, all
four are connected and unbroken.

R51 is your Termination Resistor.

Termination has to be in the last drive on the cable (usually drive 0 is the
last connector, but someone made up your cable differently), so in your case
that would be drive 1. Take the one out of drive 0, and tape it somewhere
secure inside the drive so you can use it again if need be.

-[ Al ]-