[Coco] COCO 1 16-3001 keyboard adapter

Joe Grubbs jsgrubbs at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 06:58:39 EST 2015

I did this very thing for my 4K CoCo when I installed the "melted" keyboard. I didn't want to modify that precious motherboard, so I sacrificed the chicklet keyboard's ribbon cable by cutting off one of the FFC IDC ends. Then I got the properly size female FPC style connector (16 pin 2.5mm pitch) to solder onto the ribbon cable. So basically I have an adapter cable that my newer style keyboard simply plugs into.

I got the FPC connector from Mouser. I'll dig through my invoices and find the right part number. Or you can use their parametric search to narrow down the correct choice.