[Coco] Multi Pack Replacement

S Klammer sklammer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:11:00 EST 2015

It is very hard to support/develop for something that is not there and very
much more difficult to try and retrofit something else in.

Take the CocoSDC, a fabulous product of which I'm a proud owner, had a
recent surge in interest and although there were suggestions on adding
functionality to it, it was decided that this would delay the run (etc)...
now, everyone here has one... no more runs are likely needed, even if it
was a V2.

Luis was kind enough to add artifacting to his RGB converter, beautiful
device I hope to build soon... although, now I await his "low cost" version.

Now, with a possible new MPI, we have the possibility of doing something
different, adding things "built-in" that are either better than existing
devices, devices no one can acquire or have never existed before.  Yes, the
board/electrical design with FPGAs or whatever may take some time; but, the
board would become static... wouldn't have to be fully populated - want
only a cart selector, then don't buy/solder in the extra components.  Many
modern devices use this same approach.

I've been there, seen it and done that too.

I speak here in generallities, not specific products or services... KISS
saves on cost overruns and usually provides a healthier profit margin (as
long as there is a bare minimum functionality for the marketplace), but...
not necessarily a good product and not always gaining market share or even
becoming profitable.

IMHO, those who sought opinions about a MPI, are doing so as a hobby and
not expecting to be paid for their development time nor building onto their
vacation/retirement fund.   I trust that they will do what they feel is
best within their means/desires and I will be happy with that.  Thank-you
for your consideration of our thoughts and suggestions.

Shain