[Coco] Multi Pack Replacement

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Mon Feb 23 19:05:49 EST 2015

Nick,

I worked in the 1980's for Spectrum Projects, Colorware, Alpha Products and
Zebra Systems.

I developed the software for the Coco Greeting Card Designer, the Zebra
Talker for the TS-1000 and 2068.

I built over a hundred light pens, dual joystick adapters, Serial port
Y-Cables, and Spectrum Voice Paks plus every hardware product Zebra made for
the Timex Computers.

I developed, wrote manuals for, and supported on the phone products at those
companies.

If you own a Spectrum Projects product, chances are I duplicated the disk or
tape, and photocopied the manual.

Ditto for Zebra Systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtDG5cWmH8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awUonjY_jcs

I have real world experience in real products that were top of the line and
top sellers in the Coco and Timex market (as well as Amiga, Atari-ST and
TRS-80 Model I/III.)

Who wants to pay $1500 for an MPI replacement?

I'm speaking from experience as someone who developed commercial products
for the very computer we are discussing. HARDWARE products, as well as
software.

Exactly how many commercial products have you developed? How many were sold?
How many products did you try to make that you had to give up on ever
bringing to market because they couldn't be made practically, or sold for
enough to pay?

-[ Al ]-