[Coco] Multi Pack Replacement

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 23 16:46:11 EST 2015

On 24/02/2015 7:12 AM, David Gettle wrote:
> I was under the impression that this was to reduce table top space taken by
> the MPI, so the redesign would sit under the CoCo, and provide for possible
> expansion of the capabilities of the MPI. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure how you could fit an MPI under the CoCo. Wouldn't that
raise the CoCo to a height that renders it "unergonomic"?

A fully loaded MPI with long length cards such as the RS-232, adds a
fair amout of height to the CoCo. One idea is to mount them
horizontally. This can be further reduced by orienting the slots so that
the cards go towards the back of the CoCo.

Add expandability via the optional expansion daughterboard below and
what's there not to love?!   :)

Nick