[Coco] Multipak redesign/replacement / New CoCo...

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Mon Feb 23 13:31:03 EST 2015

Ok...I'm familiar with the Emulator route, but how available
is the FPGA option, and how easy is it to setup. You mention neither is
ideal...focusing on the Hardware for a second, what isn't ideal about it.
Beyond not having the floppy controller, what other issues are there? My
original message which says I'm brainstorming, is suggesting maximum
compatibility. The idea is to have something that is as close to ideal for
most users as a replacement for the CoCo.

> And we have that! The FPGA CoCo3 has all the hardware built into it
(no

> "real" floppy drive controller, SD card with emulation). Or
you can set up

> an emulator on an older model PC. Neither solution is ideal to
everyone,

> but both pretty much do exactly what you've suggested. To get real

> floppies on the FPGA model you use DriveWire and a PC server with a
real

> floppy attached. Better to use one of those mini Android (or
whatever!)