[Coco] Multipak redesign/replacement

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Feb 23 01:55:53 EST 2015

On Sunday, February 22, 2015 11:39:45 PM Zippster wrote:
> Gene,
>
> If you donג€™t mind learning a new software package, Kicad may be an
> alternative to Eagle for getting around the board size/licence issue.
>
> I havenג€™t done much with it beyond generating gerber to have boards
> made myself, but it is used on many designs over at the N8VEM group.
>
> - Ed

That has crossed my mind, but the new scares me a bit.  So does eagle for
that matter, and what I have built in eagle for me is only 5% as intensive
as an MPI.

I have no clue if pcb-gcode can deal with its data format to make gcode
out of its finished board file either.

I got the impression it wasn't really a schematic drafting tool, but was
more architectural.  Am I mistaken?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)