[Coco] Multi Pack Replacement

Camillus Blockx camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 00:36:32 EST 2015

Hi all,

It is strange that I mentioned a couple weeks ago that i was working
out an MPI for myself.

I spoke with some friends here on how I want to make my design, and I
said that it is gonna be a extensionbox, that sits under the coco. In
there space for 2 floppy 3.5 and 5.25. Also all controllers for
floppy, Hdd, and the SDC floppy emulator will have its place in this.

I want to design the pcb's myself after an 8 slot MPI schematic that
was available on the archive and proved to work.

In this expansion box wil also be a powers upply, and room for 4
exchangable rompacks, the other 4 ports (mpi) will be inside for the
above mentioned controllers.

I was hoping to meld the floppydisk and IDE HDD controller in to the
design for the MPI. This will be a serious pcb, but with the  smd
parts available now I see no problems. The controllers are not that
complex ( I hope... LOL ).

Being this said, I do have a question for the ones that have developed
one or more of those controllers, or for the guru's that have good
program skill with CPLCD/FPGA.

Would it be possible to have ONE CPLD/FPGA that gives us a floppy and
hdd (ide/scsi) controller. Is this possible or to far fetched?

I will draw a sketch soon of what my design will look like.

Any way now I see that there is a lot of talking about MPI
replacements and or mini MPI's

I was hoping that the ones who have any interest would contact me and
see if can agree on building just one project. I will go one with mine
anyway, but maybe more people are interested in having a box that
allows to connect there coco on top of it and all the I/O is there.
Power up and ready. My idea is simple to reduce clutter and safe
space. And maybe just maybe, the misses let's us then put oure coco
back in the living eraa...lol

Camillus

Interested ones pls contact me of list on my Email, strongly encrypted
for saety reason ...LOL

 ( camillus dot b dot 58 at gmail dot com )