[Coco] Need help with composite output for CoCo

Jamie reinsj at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Feb 22 11:54:47 EST 2015

Ed,
Here are pics of the two circuits I'm playing with and a pic of the more complex one, which is supposed to be the TV Buff circuit.  Both produce only a black screen. I also tried on an older CRT TV with video input with same results.
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B4WhNfot4I2rbUhwdm9pWWptalk/edit

Hi Jamie, Flat screen or not you should get a picture if you are generating a valid composite signal. Can you link the schematic of the circuit you’re using and pics of your installation? - Ed > On Feb 14, 2015, at 7:37 AM, Jamie <reinsj at nbnet.nb.ca> wrote: > > Hi All, > > So I'm trying to build a composite video converter for a coco 1 and I can't seem to get it to work. > I started with a simple design from Hot CoCo which uses a couple of transistors and a few > resistors and then tried Dennis' TV Buff. > My question is, should the output work on a modern flat screen LCD TV or do monitors with > composite input work differently? The TV screen responds by going black but I'm not getting any > picture at all. > > Thanks! > > Jamie > > > > -- > Coco mailing list > Coco at maltedmedia.com > https://pairlist5.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/coco