[Coco] Minimum system requirements for NitrOS9

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 04:34:15 EST 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
> OS-9 Level 1 requires a 64k machine.  I would assume from there that the
> NitrOS9 fork does too.
> Bruce W.
> ===================
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Grubbs"
>
>> I can probably guess the answer but I figured I should
>> ask the experts anyway. Will NitrOS9 Level I run on
>> a 16K machine? I looked at the docs but didn't see any
>> system prerequisites.

NitrOS-9 needs almost 32K RAM to boot from disk/drivewire. If modules
can reside in ROM it would require less but I think 16K is not
possible. With 32K RAM there is so little RAM left after booting that
you can't do much useful, unless you make a stripped down system for
some specialized use.

Tormod