[Coco] NitrOS-9 L2 on coco3 128k, with CocoSDC

embsys dev embsysdev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 23:55:54 EST 2015

Noob questions, sorry....no experience with OS9.

I found a DSK for NitrOS-9 L2 with CocoSDC support, copied it to SD card,
and I can boot it, but it comes up in 80 columns, which is unreadable on
composite output.  I've googled quite a bit about how to set 40 or 32
columns, and it looks like there's multiple ways, but you've got to have a
usable OS9 system to do it.  Can't read the screen, so stuck.

Initially I was able to blindly type in the command to set the W1 window -
once- , but can't seem to repeat this.  Seems like some setting on disk got
changed that makes it fail. Can't read the error, sorry.  I'll try
recopying the .DSK to SD Card.

Additionally, I would like to redirect the OS9 shell to a terminal prog
running on the PC.  Neither "shell = -1/t1&"  nor "shell <>>>/t1 &"
 works.  Tried 9600, 38400, 57600, and 115200, no joy.   I'm guessing maybe
DW support in CocoSDC firmware makes the serial port invisible to OS9?

1. How do I modify the OS9 DSK to boot to 40 column white on black? It
would be awesome if somebody could give me a modified DSK.
2. How to redirect os9 shell to serial?
3. is there a step-by-step how-to on building OS9 DSK images on the PC?

Thanks,
Darryl