[Coco] nitros9l2 artifact colors?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Feb 21 20:28:26 EST 2015

Willard Goosey wrote:
> So, I know that on the CoCo 3, one can change the PMODE4 artifact
> colors from red to blue by holding down F1 at reset.
>
> Booting Nitros9 (3.2.9, all VDG: boot screen and term both 32col.)
> seems to reset the artifact colors back to the default (red in my
> machines case). Is there any way to change that setting?
>
> I'm trying to play Alternate Reality the City but the red sky and
> blue-faced people distract me. ;-)
>
> Willard

The normal method is to hit the RESET key until you get the correct set of
artifact colors. The Coco1 & 2 come up at random synchronizing the master clock
with the screen. Many games will display a test screen and say "Hit RESET until
the sky is blue" or something similar. The best games will ask the color of a
test pattern and depending on the key you hit will change the screen colors.

Robert