[Coco] Where to buy a 6809E ?

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Feb 21 08:43:04 EST 2015

Hi Guys,
A while back as in about 2010ish when I was just starting my retro journey looking for 6809 projects on the internet I eventually found a Chinese vender for both 68B09E chips and 63C09E chips as well as many others.  Usually you can find them on ebay too.  There is a Hong Kong vender as well.  These two vendors are very competitive with each other and among their own representatives themselves.  Sometimes if you play the reps off of each other among these and many other companies you can get some interesting deals.  Usually the shipping time is about three weeks.  I have used utsource.net and hkinventory.com for many Motorola chips and Hitachi chips as well.  There has been some talk that chips have been mislabeled, I cannot verify this as of yet.  All the chips I have tried that I bought through these channels and through ebay have worked just fine.  I have to admit though that many chips are as of yet are unused.  I used a 6809P chip I acquired through one of these many channels in my 6 Chip 6809 breadboarded computer.  I installed a 63C09E chip in a Coco 1 and a Coco 2 if I remember correctly.  I know, it's a bit of overkill, but I did buy 10 of the 63C09EP chips and I wanted to see if they worked.  I also want to run 6309 versions of NitrOS-9 L1 someday as well.  I kind of stock up on chips when they are available.  I hope this helps someone.  Take care my friends.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com