[Coco] Educate me about Y-Cables

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Feb 20 17:51:08 EST 2015

On Friday, February 20, 2015 03:49:19 PM Brian Blake wrote:
> If you're gonna go that far, why not redesign the MPI?

We already have one, for 8 slots, by Little John. Converted into eagle
files, it might need some debugging but its a heck of a good start.
We would also have to make our own boxes for it of course.

What I have, and which can be pulled from Genes-os9-stf, is part one of
little Johns design, which is the huge majority of the logic, but not the
socket carrier board, likely too big for the free eagle.  But the logic in
eagle format and as a pdf graphic is in that file, starts with PDF in its
name.

I don't even know if Little John is even with us yet, his health was very
very touchy.

Someone, taking what he did give us, and bringing it to a production
state, would be one way to honor what he did in the short time he was a
member of this list.

If someone else has part 2 of this package, I don't have it, can we at
least put them in a common place?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)