[Coco] Educate me about Y-Cables

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Feb 20 17:26:21 EST 2015

On Friday, February 20, 2015 03:44:49 PM Zippster wrote:
> We should really make a small board for this purpose.
> What connections are necessary?  Just a straight through connection
> from the cartridge port to 2 connectors?
>
> - Ed

Make it wide enough to put the grounding ears on it, and grounding clips
on the pack sockets with as wide a copper on both sides of the board on
bothn edges of the board, and it should work fine.  The limit then is how
much power you can steal from the coco's supply before it lets out the
magic smoke.

> > On Feb 20, 2015, at 1:48 PM, Joe Grubbs <jsgrubbs at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've seen a number of references to people using Y-cables to
> > facilitate the use of more than one program pak. Is there a vendor
> > for these? If not, is there a description of how to make one?
> >
> > What kind of paks can someone use simultaneously with one of these? I
> > was always under the impression that paks could only be operated one
> > at a time (hence the selector switch on the MPI), however a Y-cable
> > seems to imply this isn't always the case.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)