[Coco] Educate me about Y-Cables

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 20 16:31:56 EST 2015

On 21/02/2015 6:57 AM, David Ladd wrote:
> ​Actually yes a modern MPI actually might be a good idea, but you may also
> consider the cost of making something like that too. :D​
>
> We do have the schematics to the MPI's.  Recreating it with current
> programmable chips should be possible.  I saw on Youtube once someone who
> built their own MPI.

Maybe a buffer cartridge with a ribbon cable to a seperate box placed
back a bit from the CoCo to eliminate the "flux-capacitor" monstrosity
glued to the side of the CoCo  (the Tandy Multipac with an assortment of
varying size cartridges and cables standing up in the air looking like a
science project experiment).

The "new" multi-pac design then wouldn't need the buffering and can
house the power supply while the CoCo keeps it's sexy slim lines.

Nick