[Coco] Rainbow on disk

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 09:24:07 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 9:52 PM, Jim Carpenter <jim at deitygraveyard.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 3:59 AM, Louis Ciotti <lciotti1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Actually the best way to archive this is multiple places and multiple
> medias.
>
> Sure is.
>
> > Has anyone thought of creating DVD images of everything and then making
> a torrent?
>
> You are aware that a torrent doesn't have to be a DVD/CD image? For
> archives you usually don't want an opaque ISO file. If all somebody
> wanted was to get one little file they'd have to download the entire
> torrent and then either burn it or figure out how to mount it
> directly. Plus, if a new version of the torrent comes out then
> everybody would have to download the entire thing again.

Yes you are right, but we need something to at least get a Torrent going.
Some time ago I was able to get a torrent for the TRS-80 (Model i,III, IV)
line up, was like 5GB, and it would be nice to have the option for the CC
rather than depending on the archive sites which as Steve pointed out can
disappear.  I am willing to get the torrent started, I just need a good
mirror to start with.