[Coco] FW: Programs for the Dartmouth Time Sharing System Simulator Basic Programming Contest

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Feb 19 01:44:44 EST 2015

Hello Everyone,

Here’s a few additional details.  I did write the preceding message as a reminder, but I inadvertently left out an important link to the write up concerning this Contest on the Glenside Color Computer Club Events web page for the CoCoFEST which is

http://www.glensideccc.com/cocofest/events.shtml

As I said in order to include as many people as possible, contestants need not be at the CoCoFEST in order to participate though it is encouraged.  All the details are outlined in the download document.

One Fact some people have figured out is the DTSS Simulator can hold about  3KB of BASIC programming code.  John Mark Mobley on the CoCo List has found that he can dimension A(2000) which is of course a numeric variable with 2000 elements where each element is 4 bytes long which is a total of 8KB of storage space!  Interesting to say the least.  It seems there is a separate code and data areas.  We seem to the know about the size of the Code area.  Can someone figure out the size of the data area?  I’m sending this information out all the email groups who I think might have people who may be interested in this contest.

There will be a showing of all the entries at the CoCoFEST Sunday time to be determined where a public voting will be held for all the programs entered.  I will make available all the entries so everyone will be able to try them out ahead of time.  The place of hosting will probably be my wiki page unless something else becomes available or is offered.  Thank you all for your interest in the contest.  I hope to see you all there.

Kip Koon

computerdoc at sc.rr.com