[Coco] Who worked on the coco3dw1 implementation for MESS?

Richard Goedeken Richard at fascinationsoftware.com
Tue Feb 17 19:58:54 EST 2015

Hi Robert,

The MESS software contains all the code for emulating the hardware "becker"
port.  In order to use this with DriveWire, you need to load a special version
of HDB-DOS which is patched to communicate with the Becker port, which is a
"virtual" hardware device in the sense that it was never used with a real
original Coco - only the FPGA coco or emulated cocos use this special hardware
port.

You can either load HDBDOS directly from a ROM image (using the MESS target
coco3dw1 instead of coco3 or coco3h or whatever).  Or you can load the patched
HDB-DOS program off of a disk image and exec it.  The ROM image and the disk
image should be in the ToolShed archive somewhere.  Let me know if you can't
find it.

Richard