[Coco] Rainbow on disk

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Feb 17 20:03:15 EST 2015

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 3:25 PM, Camillus Blockx <camillus.b.58 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Allen, Can you explain a bit in detail, what a Transporter is. I like the idea, but this needs a internet connection that has decent up and download speed. This makes it only for business that can have and afford such a connection.

http://www.filetransporter.com

It is "yet another" hard drive with internet access, like a Pogoplug. But, they have sync software, like Dropbox. Right now, there is a deal to get two units for $100 (no hard drive, plug in USB).

> Now maybe it is possible to "hire/Rent" a server with or without domain name, where you can make a archive of all related stuff for coco.

Yes ... until they go out of business, or have multiple hard drives get screwed up. I have had many bad things happen with three different hosting companies I have used over the year. :)

Of course, we could just do this with several web host companies -- hoping not all die at the same time.

		-- A