[Coco] Who worked on the coco3dw1 implementation for MESS?

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Tue Feb 17 11:57:39 EST 2015

I loaded mess for the first time using 158.  I noticed on the console
screen that it indicated it was trying to reach out to a drivewire
server via TCP, so I made my home-brew DW server available on the
matching TCP port.  It connected when coco3 emulation started, but did
not issue any commands.  And HDB-DOS commands like DRIVE# were not
supported, my coco3.zip must load stock DECB 2.1. So in the end I had no
idea how much "support" was there, or if it had ever been fully
implemented.  I'd be curious how mess dw support should (or if it can)
be used...

Thanks
-RobertH