[Coco] The CM17A "Firecracker" works on the Coco -Final CodeSample to wirelessly control all 256 X10 Units.

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 16 08:58:42 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kip Koon" <computerdoc at sc.rr.com>
To: "'CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts'" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 5:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] The CM17A "Firecracker" works on the Coco -Final
CodeSample to wirelessly control all 256 X10 Units.

> Hi Kelly,
> What is a CM17A firecracker?
>
> Kip Koon
> computerdoc at sc.rr.com
> http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon

It's a little device that plugs in to a standard 9-pin serial port and
allows you to control X10 devices wirelessly.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X10_Firecracker

And do a Google image search for CM17A and you'll get a page full of
pictures of what it looks like.

They're routinely available for under $10 including shipping on eBay from a
wide variety of sellers.

I plugged it in to my RS232 port via a DB25 to DB9 adapter and it works
fine.  Very easy to program too, as my little code sample shows.