[Coco] CoCo RS-DOS C Compiler..

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Feb 14 21:47:06 EST 2015

On Saturday, February 14, 2015 08:10:28 PM Steve Batson wrote:
> While going through some of my CoCo Software, I have located my RS-DOS
> C Compiler that I purchased way back when. I never really did a lot
> with it and I'm sure it's not even close to what is available for OS9,
> but it does work. It was Created by Bob Van Der Poel with the company
> name of Infinitum Technology. I'm just wondering if Bob is still
> around, and if this software is in any of the CoCo software archives.
> It's been so long since I did anything with C or used this program,
> I'm going to have to go through the manual to see what I can do with
> it. I remember doing some tests with it when I first got it and the
> .BIN files it created definitely kicked but speed wise looping and
> outputting to the screen compared to basic programs. I had done some
> comparisons, I'll have to see if I still have those around anyway.
>
> I moved it from a CoCo disk to a .DSK file and tested it in VCC, seems
> to work though I haven't compiled anything yet.

Bob is still around, we write occasionally.  He is doing mostly live
music, specialty is saxophone, and has published at least 1 cd of his
music, called the 'cedars' IIRC.

<Bob van der Poel <bob at mellowood.ca>
<http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars>

Or buy a copy of his cd at the 2nd link.  Nice easy listening stuff, he
can make that sax whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)