[Coco] VCC v1.42 Question

Stephen Pereira spereira1952 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 14 14:24:43 EST 2015

Hello all,

I have VCC version 1.42 running on my MacBook Pro, under Parallels running Windows XP SP3.

I have not used it a whole lot, but it seems to work fine in general.

Recently, I tried out my new Color Forth as modified for DECB, to be sure that it worked as it does on my real physical CoCo 3 system.  Everything works as I expected.

I noticed that VCC reports that it is running a 6809 CPU at 0.89 MHz.  I have tried and tried to get the Config to set the CoCo to 1.788 MHz, but I cannot get that to happen.  I can go to the Display portion of Config and uncheck the “Throttle Speed” checkbox and get the emulation to go a super speed, but all I want to do is emulate my physical CoCo 3 which is running at double speed with an HDBDOS cartridge.

What am I missing?  Is there something else that I have to do to get the overclocking to work properly?

Thanks, in advance, for your patience and attention.

smp
--
Stephen M. Pereira
Bedford, NH  03110