[Coco] LHA problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Feb 14 08:59:25 EST 2015

Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use LHA to archive my Rainbow on disk collection. I currently have
> a directory for each year that I have. I CHD to the directory I want to archive:
>
> CHD /sd1/ROD_OS9/OCT86
>
> then my LHA command line is:
>
> :lha a -r ../oct86.lzh *
>
> LHA responds with:
>
> ==> 60% read.me.first    o
>
> Can't find file : 'CMDS'
> Can't find file : 'SOURCE'
>
> LHA Error #1
> ERROR #001
>
> I'm pretty sure I have the correct syntax; note the leading : for wild-card
> expansion in Shell+ 2.2.....
> 'a' for add
> '-r' for recursively collect files
> '../oct86.lzh' the target lzh archive file
> '*' do all files
>
> What am I doing wrong? Yes, lha and xlh (version 2.11C IIRC) are both in my CMDS
> directory.
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Without seeing the directory structure in OCT86, it is hard to tell what lha is
complaining about. Here is the inline help for lha.

LHA v2.11:  File Archive              Copyright (c) Haruyasu Yoshizaki, 1988-91
LHA OS9 v2.11c  by E. M. Krenciglowa 1993-94        UNLZH  by N. Rheaume 1992
Usage: LHA <command> [-option[-+012|WDIR]] <archive[.lzh]> [DIR/] [filespecs]
   <command>
      a: Add files          u: Update files         m: Move files
      f: Freshen files      d: Delete files         p: disPlay files
      e: Extract files      x: eXtract w/pathnames  t: Test archive integrity
      l: List files         v: list View w/pathnames
   <option>
      r: Recursively collect files        w: assign Work directory
      x: allow eXtended file names        m: no Message for query
      p: distinguish full Path names      c: skip time-stamp Check
      a: allow any Attributes of files    z: Zero compression (only store)
      t: archive's Time-stamp option      h: select Header level (default =1)
      o: use Old compatible method        n: display No indicator a/o pathname