[Coco] DW and 6551

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 02:05:42 EST 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 4:07 AM, Stephen H. Fische wrote:
> This sounds like a good plan, I just saved the router settings.
>
> The router has been running 24/7/365 for many years ever since it was plugged in.
>
> Yes I have a backup router but where is it. The termites moved ~ 40 boxes around and I cannot find lots of things.
>
> I am going to try some other tests and look for a time period to do the factory reset.
>
> That is the only web page I have seen any problems with.

I can confirm that there is something fishy about that web page "where
the internet comes to a halt". I cannot reach it from my home network,
on neither Linux, Android nor Symbian. I can get it using Opera on the
latter, probably because it goes via Opera's compression service. Only
by connecting via my 3G provider I can get it on the "normal" web
browser.

> Is TCP 80 the normal port to use?

Yes, that is the standard HTTP (unsecured) port. Many sites use HTTPS,
on port 443.

Tormod