[Coco] mess newbie

Guillaume Major gmajor at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 12 21:58:04 EST 2015

You can download the Coco related ROMs for MESS (including the Coco 3 becker
port version) on the Color Computer Archive here:

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Emulators/MESS/ROMS/

You can download MESS from the Coco archive as well. For more convenience, I
package the command line version (mess.exe) and the GUI (messui.exe) for
Windows in the same ZIP file (like it used to be for previous releases) for
both 32 and 64 bit. The MacOS X version is also available. Just unzip and
drop the ROMs into the "roms" folder and you're all set. You may have to go
in the options menu to specify your ROM folder.

I don't recommend the latest version (0.158) on Windows because it seems to
have problems with the video output. Anti-aliasing seems to be broken and
the screen looks all blocky. I recommend version 0.156 because it doesn't
has this problem and has the becker port interface.

I just reuploaded version 0.156 on the archive and will keep it until the
MESS team fixes this issue.

Enjoy!

Guillaume