[Coco] Restuffing a CoCo chassis

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Feb 12 18:49:40 EST 2015

On Feb 12, 2015 10:57 AM, "Joe Grubbs" <jsgrubbs at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway (sorry for the boring preface), I now have an empty CoCo2 chassis,
> and that has given me an idea. I was thinking of stuffing it with either a
> mini-ITX mobo or maybe some kind of system-on-a-chip computer (like a
> Raspberry Pi). I could fit a small form factor laptop style keyboard,
> install a card reader in place of the cartridge slot, etc. The more I think
> about it, the more I want to do it. Has anyone else attempted this before?
> Is it sacrilege? :P

It's been done to other computers (original Mac) and even game consoles (original Nintendo, for one). You can see some examples on Intructables.com.
http://www.instructables.com/id/NES-Computer/
http://www.instructables.com/id/Upgrade-your-original-1984-Macintosh-to-run-OS-X-S/#step0

You can search for others. Someone even used an old VCR as a computer case!

Frank Swygert
Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
803-604-6548