[Coco] mess newbie

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:15:07 EST 2015

The thing I have found with MESS is if you use any ROM image that has been
modified in any way that doesn't match the original ROM that has been
dumped out of the CoCo 1, 2, or 3.  MESS will complain about the ROM's not
matching its internal hash for them.

MESS looks by default for a zip file called by the name of the machine you
are trying to start.

Example if you are trying to start a CoCo2B you will need a zip file in the
ROM's folder that is called coco2b.zip which contains the ROM files.

I know there are a few sites that have the zip files on them so you could
download and put in the ROM's folder, but sadly you will have to google for
them as I myself don't have the links handy right now.

Basically though you should be able to do a google search for coco2.zip
coco2b.zip and coco3.zip  then just put those zip files in the ROM's folder
for MESS and it should be able to start.

I hope that helps you at this given time.