[Coco] Color basic and available RAM

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Feb 11 22:14:45 EST 2015

> On Feb 11, 2015, at 9:41 AM, Joe Grubbs <jsgrubbs at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Throughout its life, was Color Basic never tweaked to utilize more than ~32K of RAM? It seems that on the 64K and 128K Cocos, ? MEM always spits back ~24K (which I presume is what the original 32K machines would say).
>
> I apologize if this has been answered before. My original CoCo2 was a 16K machine so it's something I never considered before. It isn't until recently that I upgraded it to 64K and acquired new machines, all 64K+.

Here is an article I put up recently about this very subject, including how to get the most out of BASIC without doing mods:

http://subethasoftware.com/2015/01/16/pclear-0-to-get-more-coco-basic-memory/

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established 1990!

P.S. Since 4/15/14, I have earned OVER $600  in Amazon gift cards via Swagbucks! Use my link and I get credit:
http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman