[Coco] 256K SuperROMPak (32 Banks)

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Feb 11 19:02:58 EST 2015

On 2/11/2015 5:04 PM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> If you are only going to access the FLASH at c000-feff, which is
> reserved for the cartridge anyway, I don't see why you would need
> SLENB.
Fair enough.  I didn't know if there was anything there when a cart was
not selected (like some IO)
> Only if you would map your FLASH on top of internal ROM at
> 8000-bfff. I am talking SAM map type 0 here, I don't see any reason to
> use map type 1 for this.
I defer to your knowledge of Coco memory.  As you know, I'm used to the
CBM maps, where every location has 3 things or so mapped into it.

> Also, you'd need to fill in the "holes" at ff00-ffff. Maybe instead
> access the FLASH per 8KB, c000-dfff (or again, at 8000-bfff per 16KB).
Well, I thought about making the bank register 8kB chunks, with a bit of
addressing magic to allow the 16kB window to start on any 8kB boundary,
but why do the holes need filling?  the docs I see say that *CART only
asserts on c000->feff, so you can't normally access the last 256 bytes
anyway, if you're trying to emulate a cart.

JIm