[Coco] Color basic and available RAM

Ronivon Costa ronivon.costa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 12:11:13 EST 2015

Why paged memory can' t be added in a cart, for example?
With one extra register or memory address, an external RAM and controller
could certainly be implemented to switch banks.

I can see that working for programs (even BASIC) and in  a more complex
scenario, to any program by modifying the BIOS.
Using pokes to switch ROM into RAM, the BIOS could possibly be modified to
use paged memory.
Let's say, instead of 65535 addresses, we would only use 32768 continuous
memory. Any bit higher than that in an address would be to switch to a
different memory page.

Why not exactly possible? Or not practical for any reason?