[Coco] 256K SuperROMPak (32 Banks)

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 23:53:13 EST 2015

I've already 'tore out' everything that had to do with writing.  Basically, I had test boards made with the following extra jumpers so I could test different configurations...

EEPROM		Jumper Options
WE#		Bus R/W - GND - VCC
OE#		Bus CTS - GND - VCC
CE#		Bus CTS - Bus OE

When I had a 'blank' EEPROM loaded and it was working right for reading, I could PEEK above &HC000 and get a '255'.  When there was problems with the OE# it would either return '128' or cause the computer to go completely berserk (At which point I about freaked and started looking for smoke coming out of the case, which fortunately it did not and all is well).

These are the posts I came across that made me realize it wasn't going to be so simple to tie into these lines.  We would need extra logic circuits/IC's....

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco/32296
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco/32888