[Coco] DW and 6551

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Feb 10 22:07:12 EST 2015

> On Feb 10, 2015, at 7:43 PM, Stephen H. Fischer <SFischer1 at Mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> Are you really understanding the speed that DW bitbanger runs at?
>
> There is no comparison with any CoCo hardware solution!

Yes. I was curious if the downshift in speed could make the system more responsive. It would be a nice tradeoff :) But, if the 6551 driver still slugged up the system during transfers, I can’t see any reason to do that.

I noticed CoCoSDC causes dropped characters when typing too — I wonder if there’s something that can be done in the driver to reduce that, or if it’s missing some IRQ support that SC2, KenTon, SuperIDE, etc. have which allows it.

		— A