[Coco] DriveWire on the Raspberry Pi in five easy steps.

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Tue Feb 10 19:52:26 EST 2015

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 13:22:43 -0600
Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 10, 2015, at 6:21 AM, Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >    As has been discussed here more times than grep can count,
> > Error #207 is 'Process Memory Full' (usually the 'System' process).
> > All the modules in the System Process space have their own memory
> > needs and that memory is also in the System's memory map (64k
> > only). You have just stolen 8k for your modules (plus their memory
> > requirements). This has always been a problem with NOs9 and it's
> > many drivers. This will be the major benefit of level 3! Brett
> > Gordon's efforts will also help as REL and friends reside in system
> > memory as well.
>
> Wait ... I thought that was #237 and #207 was the "no more 8K blocks"
> error. Do I have them backwards? All my post-6809 OS-9 years may be
> taking over my memory. #207 is out of memory on OSK/9000 too.

	To quote the OS9 (6809) Operating System Manual:

207 MEMORY FULL The process address space is full or your computer does
not have sufficient memory to perform the specified task.

237 RAM FULL No free random access memory is available: The system
address space is full or there is no physical memory available when
requested by the operating system in the system state.

	I didn't remember that the system process space error was 237...

> > Try smap before and after inserting you modules.
>
> Yeah, tell me about it. Less than 32K in the system space.
>
> I was one of the early beta uses of Level III when they were working
> on it. It did magic for my StG Net BBS. I take it Level III is not
> currently working? I see a directory in the repository but I did not
> try it.
>
> 		-- A

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Remember, a closed mouth gathers no foot.	    -- Steve Post