[Coco] DW and 6551

Joe Grubbs jsgrubbs at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:26:44 EST 2015

Thanks Aaron. I'll probably just stick with the bit banger.

I asked because I found my old Direct Connect Modem Pak. I was probably 12 the last time I used it. And even then (late 80s) 300 baud was pretty outdated.

I haven't had a land line since 1998 when I got my first mobile phone (coincidentally from Radio Shack), so I have no use for a modem. However in lieu of finding an RS232 Pak or building one, I had a thought to gut the modem part of the DCM Pak and use just the UART. I'd mount a DB9 or DB25 connector in place of the RJ-11 and have an easy-peasy RS232 Pak.