[Coco] DriveWire on the Raspberry Pi in five easy steps.

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Tue Feb 10 07:21:49 EST 2015

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 22:02:27 -0600
Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 9, 2015, at 9:24 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco
> > <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> >

> > Allen, there is no form of Wiki for the Nitros9 dw descriptors.
> > Basically, it just a /t1 driver on steroids :-)
>
> Except this one:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/drivewireserver/wiki/OS9_Modules/
> <http://sourceforge.net/p/drivewireserver/wiki/OS9_Modules/>
>
> "The driver for all virtual serial port functionality, including
> virtual modems and TCP/IP networking, is scdwn.dr.”
>
> Maybe this is a typo for scdw(v).dr.
>
> It mentions the /N descriptors, but no reference to /V and /Z.
>
> > The error problem is probably that the dw4 server does not return
> > actual Os9 style error numbers, so somewhere along the line of
> > communication, the error number gets assigned and may not be the
> > actual error that was encountered, just what the driver "thought"
> > may have happened (my theory anyway :-)
>
> That would make much more sense than #207 with 352K free.

	As has been discussed here more times than grep can count,
Error #207 is 'Process Memory Full' (usually the 'System' process). All
the modules in the System Process space have their own memory needs
and that memory is also in the System's memory map (64k only). You have
just stolen 8k for your modules (plus their memory requirements). This
has always been a problem with NOs9 and it's many drivers. This will be
the major benefit of level 3! Brett Gordon's efforts will also help as
REL and friends reside in system memory as well.

Try smap before and after inserting you modules.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"You can't weld all of the ports shot on a PC and call it a thin client.
It's a fat client in a corset with the strings pulled real tight and a