[Coco] Using an MC-10 with Drivewire

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 00:58:58 EST 2015

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Edward Snider wrote:

> I saw an old post somewhere that seemed to indicate you could use
> an MC-10 with Drivewire.  Does anyone know if this is so, and what I'd
> need?
>
> I just acquired a couple of MC-10's and would like to run some stuff on
> them,
> but have no cassette deck.

There is a different system for the MC-10 called the Emcee client/server
package.  It can be used to load and save files (.cas .c10 .wav) over the
bit-banged serial port (same cable as DriveWire).

Unfortunately, to use it you need either a special MCX-128 expansion board
with the client software in ROM or you must use the 16K RAM expansion and
then load the client software from an audio source.

- Darren