[Coco] Fw: [nitros9:bugs] #27 Copy Does not return error on Disk Full like OA-9 Copy did

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Feb 8 19:33:53 EST 2015

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 00:09:30 +0000
From: "Stephen H. Fischer" <sfischer1 at users.sf.net>
To: "Ticket 27" <27 at bugs.nitros9.p.re.sf.net>
Subject: [nitros9:bugs] #27 Copy Does not return error on Disk Full
like OA-9 Copy did

---

** [bugs:#27] Copy Does not return error on Disk Full like OA-9 Copy
did**

**Status:** open
**Group:** v3.3.0
**Created:** Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:09 AM UTC by Stephen H. Fischer
**Last Updated:** Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:09 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2015-January/140544.html

> My quick glance at "Copy.asm" says disk full is no longer returned
> like the original OS-9 "Copy" did.
>
> An the person who did it was:
>
> *  11      2003/01/11  Boisy G. Pitre
> * Added useful options, made more robust.
>
>          nam   Copy
>          ttl   File copy utility
>
> > * Added useful options, made more robust.
>
> and made it incompatible with old programs. Tmode also changed. Is
> this progress?

	WTF. Try it, it SURE AS HELL DOES RETURN ERROR #248!!!

(If you're interested, it's the call to 'os9 I$SetStt' (line 415) to set
the files size the same as the destination that returns the error and
copy dutifully reports it on exit.)

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Last week's _Chronicle_ erroneously reported that Eric Mitchell [member
of the Austin City Council] had shouted "Up yours" to residents of the