[Coco] rcrislip at neo.rr.com

Richard E Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sat Feb 7 02:13:25 EST 2015

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015 14:19:15 -0800
Tony Cappellini <cappy2112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Message: 14
> Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 16:56:52 -0500
> From: Richard E Crislip <rcrislip at neo.rr.com>
> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
> Subject: Re: [Coco] [COCO] Putting NitrOS-9 boot track in ROM
>

> >>Thank you, my acronym database has been updated 8-).I'm up to 773
> >>entries.
>
> Do you have this one:
>
> ACRONYM:
>
> Another
> Contrived
> Reduction
> Of
> Nomenclature
> Yielding
> Mnemonics
>
> ?

I do now 8-). Seriously, the list helps when I am reading something
computer related and the rude arrogant author (nobody here qualifies
for that title) starts throwing them about as if everyone knows what
they mean 8-/. The rule is place the original use of the acronym in
parentheses then spell out the acronym. After that use the acronym
liberally, but courteously repeat the process five to ten pages later.