[Coco] SS/C drivers for NitrOS9

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Feb 7 00:20:15 EST 2015

On 7/02/2015 1:18 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:

> Sierra games use the built in OS-9 sound system call, I believe. If so, it would even be possible to just have a program that runs and installs a replacement system call and manually talks to the Speech/Sound Pak ;-) As soon as I get the rest of my files copied, I want to look in to this. I've done system call replacement on later OS-9s, but never tried it under 6809.

This is what I suspected. I may be a bit of an OS-9 critic but I do
appreciate it's real OS properties of using library calls to talk to
device drivers.

I figured that there may be a way to change the current call to talk to
another sound driver, in this case the S/SC cartridge. The ultimate
would be to add notes with a district ADSR envelope rather than the
"beepy" notes we have now.

Alas, my OS-9 skills are well below par to accomplish such wizardry.

Nick