[Coco] drive crash

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 6 17:02:55 EST 2015

On 7/02/2015 7:34 AM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> And then there those who are the exact opposite like me.
>
> As an example I offer this program for DECB.
>
> http://www.coco3.com/urbane/ubn_in.htm
>
> http://www.coco3.com/urbane/ubn_out.htm
>
> I never put multi-statement support in the language because that is hard for the human to understand.
>
> The DECB program ubn_out has no comments.
>
> The same for assembly code, the output has none, why make it hard for even you to understand 3 years in the future.
>
> SHF

Because it depends on who is the source code targeted for.

I write games and I'm the only one who will need to read this code and
as long as I can read my code 3, 5, 10 or 20 years later, all is fine.
(which I can)

If I were to be coding for others to read and modify later, comments are
put in... although enough to explain the logic. I don't write it like a
book, that is wasteful. (Write a separate book/manual)

Same goes for structure and multi-statement lines. My entry into the 4K
programming competition would have been impossible had I not used
multi-statement lines and even self modifying BASIC code.

Nick