[Coco] Schematic for external PIA, cart protoboard.

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Feb 4 22:25:05 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 07:14:28PM -0500, Chris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have a schematic for hooking up a 3rd PIA to the coco?
> Im looking for something I can get simple hi&low input/output via
> peek/poke from in basic on a CC2.

I've built neither of these....

6522 based :
Micro Magazine vol. 49, jun
1982. http://micro.applearchives.com
If there's a star in _Micro_ beyond the 6502 & 6809, it's the 6522
VIA. Trivial to wire up to the CoCo, but it does use a full 16 bytes
of I/O space.

6821 based:
ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/SYSMODS/PPia.lzh
ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/SYSMODS/ParallelPort_2_2.lzh

Classic 6821 PIA card. Includes OS-9 drivers! The longer filename has
updated drivers, the short one has the schematics for the hardware.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard