[Coco] OS-9 on Raspberry Pi

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Wed Feb 4 14:44:02 EST 2015

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 19:03:52 -0500
From: Brian Blake<random.rodder at gmail.com>

I disagree completely, Chris. Though it's hard to tell of your message had
any sarcasm or not. I've worked with a lot of people who were well aware of
the Windows version they were using. In fact, I'd say maybe less than two
percent of the customers I've had to deal with didn't know what Windows
version they were on. And I do go back to the DOS days.

That's not to say Windows users are anywhere near as aware of their systems
the way most Linux user are. But a large majority aren't totally clueless.

Heck, I use Linux on my main computer now, but I have to look to see what version of Mint I'm running. doesn't matter as long as it just works, really. I think that's what most users want, a reliable system. There are enough differences between Windows version to notice, but not so with Mint (based on Ubuntu). They come out with a different version number every six months, as do some other Linux distributions. So while I know what "flavor" of Linux I'm running, I have to look on the system to see which version number. Which reminds me, I need to update to the last "long term service" version of Mint... Just looked, I have Mint 12 on here now, current version is 17... Darn, 12 was released in 2011... I'm way behind! Hard to upgrade a reliable system though...